The Columbia Jessup application is now available here.
Schedule & Deadlines:
- Thursday, 9/15 at 4:30pm in JG103: Jessup Information Session
- Friday, 9/16 at 12:10pm in JG104: International Law Moot Courts Panel
- Thursday, 9/22 at 11:59pm: Written applications due
- Tuesday-Wednesday, 9/27-28: Oral arguments
- Wednesday, 10/5: Offers extended
Jessup & Columbia
The Philip C. Jessup Moot Court is a public international law competition simulating a case before for the International Court of Justice (ICJ). Teams submit written memorials in January and give oral arguments at the regional and international levels in February and April, respectively. Rounds at the international level may be judged by sitting ICJ judges. This year's competition will involve international law as it pertains to shared resource management, environmental harm, stolen cultural property, and refugees.
The Columbia Jessup team is looking for three new members and will accept applications from 1Ls, 2Ls, 3Ls, and LLM students who are not certified to practice in any jurisdiction. We hope to see you at our information sessions, and we look forward to reviewing your applications!
Eve Levin ('18) & Katherine Ebright ('18)